Monday, March 14, 2011

Mrs. SusanWong, please stop emailing my parents.

I awoke this morning to the following email, with a document attachment:


From:  One of DH's parents (frankly, they've both done this so let us not accuse)
Subject:  WORLD BANK UNITED NATIONS
To:  DH

I received the following E-mail but it was not in my Spam. I did not open it. Does it look like a virus?
--- On Mon, 3/14/11, mrs.susanwong <susan.wong288@gmail.com> wrote:

From: mrs.susanwong <susan.wong288@gmail.com>
Subject: WORLD BANK UNITED NATIONS
To:
Date: Monday, March 14, 2011, 4:09 AM

WORLD BANK UNITED NATIONS

Right.  So the thing is, unnamed parent, obviously this is SPAM, because WORLD BANK UNITED NATIONS a) doesn't exist as that entity, but two separate entities and more importantly b) would never be emailing you an attachment and c)  would never send an email that just says "WORLD BANK UNITED NATIONS." 

It is not infrequent that I receive these kinds of emails, and I've had to remind my parents that the United States Visa Lottery wouldn't contact them, let alone by email, let alone asking for wire money transfers, and that they definitely didn't win the visa lottery since they've been US Citizens for about 30 years now.

SPAMMERS, take note - you should just stop what you're doing re: pretending to be the US Government or other important sounding entities.  It's rude, and additionally, it annoys me to have to explain your stupidity to my cute ethnic parents.  STOPPIT!

Love,
DH

1 comment:

  1. What does "I did not open it" even mean? Obviously, parent did open it, or they could not have forwarded it to you. Parents, I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete