Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Desperate Housedaughter Weekly Task 1: Laundry

It's that time of the week again!  That time when my father lets me know, "Hey.  I'm out of underwear."  Yeah, it's weird when your dad discusses his undergarment situation, but the thing is, I'm the one you gonna call when you need some fresh undies!

Ohhhhhh laundry time!  How I love you!  Gathering clothes, seperating them anal-retentively according to color, knit, and to whom they belong.  Yes, to whom they belong!  Why not pre-organize!

Those who have never had the pleasure of doing their parents' laundry will not know what I'm talking about, but for those that have, just think of the things you can discover from sorting through someone's clothes!  It's like an archeological dig of what they've spilled that week, whether they went with boxers or briefs, and then bigger questions can be answered such as whether they really need a his and hers gigantic closet the size of a small studio apartment when they really only wear the same 7 shirts every week... it's its own reward, really.

So I've postponed laundry day until tomorrow, seeing as how my father is going on vacation for three weeks and needs all the underwear he can get.  Oh yeah, don't be jealous!  I'm just that good at managing the clothing situation in this house.  No wonder they keep me here!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog title! (Carolyn)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Carolyn!! I'm thrilled that you're the first follower of my blog!

    ReplyDelete