Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dinner Plans (subtitled Dad Emails, Part 1)

NB: "morghe pokhteh" is Persian for roasted chicken.  Also, D.H. connotes me, the Desperate Housedaughter, and MD is an abbreviation of a nickname I call my dad - Mean Dad.


The following email chain just went down between me and my dad re:  tonight's dinner situation:


From: Dad
Subject: Dinner
To: D.H.


Hi D.H.,
    Should I buy morghe pokhteh on my way home?


Anything else?
Love, dad




From: D.H.
Subject: Re:  Dinner
To: Dad


hahahaha yes MD!  I have band tonight too. 

xoxo
DH


From: Dad
Subject: RE:  Dinner
To: D.H.


What was hahahaha about?  What does xoxo mean?  I just asked a question and did not want to buy Sushi’s unless you ask for them.




From: D.H.
Subject: Re:  Dinner
To: Dad


are you serious?  morghe pokhteh is funny sounding - you could have just said roasted chicken, hence the hahahahahah.  then, xoxo means kiss hug kiss hug.  but now i take it all back, MD!




From: Dad
Subject: RE:  Dinner
To: D.H.


I still cannot detect what is funny about mor….

Anyways xoxo ( I learned something new),

Love dad

3 comments:

  1. He sounds like a really mean dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely horrified to realize I am halfway to being your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K, that was really funny. =) Oh, and my dad would love to be referred to as "Mean Dad" or "MD". I'll have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete